Friday, September 9, 2011

A New Beginning?


Years ago my mother and I were talking about how you (people in general) make the decision to change your life... not only make the decision but acting on it! She said she had heard somewhere you have to hit that "wall" where you realize your cant keep living the way you have been. I have thought about that conversation often in the last couple of years especially when I feel I have hit that wall, just to realize that maybe I really hadn',t because I haven't done anything to change my situation.

Another conversation I remember having many years ago was with my best childhood friend, Lori. I was saying that I had a goal of some sort (probably to lose weight) and she asked me if I had written it down. Feeling kind of annoyed I told her no. She then stated to me that it wasn't a goal then, it was only a wish. I recall feeling frustrated that she didn't just support me in what I was saying at the time, but have come to appreciate her blunt honesty with me. I still haven't followed her advice.
So I have come to the realization that I have hit the "wall" and the "rock bottom" but in not following my friends advice I think I have pulled out a sledge hammer and moved that wall or broken up those rocks so I could slip just a little farther away from where I want to be. That wish became my sledge hammer where the goal would have been my guide back.

This blog is going to be my answer to her, YES I have written it down! 

I have a goal to lose 100 pounds and be a happier and healthier person!

I also believe that looking at losing 100 pounds is like someone asking me to mop my floors with a toothbrush... nearly impossible and set up for failure so I plan on breaking it down into smaller goals.

First large goal will be to lose 30 pounds by Nov 4 because I get to go to Boston to see my big sister and her new baby! I am prepared to not quite make that amount but only because my body didn't want to let go of the weight not because I didn't try!

My small goals will be overcoming my daily challenges. I will post more on all of that tomorrow, I just couldn't put off any longer turning my wish into my goal!

Thank you to any who join me in this adventure!
Here's to my New Beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment