Wednesday, September 21, 2011

rough start

Well it looks like I am off to a rough start for this blog. Losing weight is a long process so hopefully I will have daily blogging down long before I get to the weight I want to be!

As for my progress... before I start writing about that I want to clarify two things... I did not start this "diet" when I started this blog. I started at the end of Aug. And I didnt weigh myself when I started my plan. I am going from the heaviest I ever weighed myself at. That being said,
I am down 10 pounds
I can only get a bit excited about this because I have done it many times. The exciting thing will be the next 10 I dont think I have ever lost 20 pounds on a "diet" but you have to reach 10 before you get to 20 :)

so for numbers

my starting weight is 230 and probably should do measurements but... 
my starting energy level would have to be -2 (scale 1-10) because all I did was eat and sleep :(
my starting health I would say at 1 because I am borderline diabetic have bad cholesterol and very low vitamin D levels to name a few medical issues. 

 I have been walking every day since starting this blog (off and on before) and 2 days ago bit off more than may have been smart by walking to a craft store. It ended up taking me an hour to get there and another hour to get back. I also made the mistake of not taking water with me. I ended up with a bad headache from getting dehydrated and felt like crying from exhaustion!
BUT I did it! 
I think I will wait to do that again until I have been walking/jogging for longer and have lost a few more pounds ;)

I have been eating breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner.
So far I havent gotten creative with my meals, I usually have a couple of eggs with some cheese and tomatos for breakfast, a V8 for one snack, ham and turkey or tuna lettuce wrap for lunch, nuts for another snack then what ever I feed the family for dinner.
As you can see I am in need of adding a lot more veggies to my meal planning but it is a start. My main focus has been to get used to eating 5 times a day since, as I mentioned before, my biggest challenge is even getting 3 a day.
 
I want to keep track of how I feel each day so I am planning on doing a daily post even if it is just an update on my energy level! 

My hope for the future of this blog is to work through being creative on what I eat and give recipes of things I come up with, to see what my triggers are for any failures I might have on this journey so I might lessen the chance of failing and to maybe inspire someone in the future who needs to see the struggles of someone like them. The trick? Being willing to be totally honest in what I put down here, even if it is admitting I ate the whole                           !
(insert unhealthy but delicious item here)

No comments:

Post a Comment